Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Elusive White Squirrel







Details:
Dress: A.Z. Vintage
Brooch (which blends too well with this dress): Erstwilder
Belt: Thrifted (?)
Shoes: Modcloth

Hi internet friends!
Today as I opened my door to take some outfit photos outside I spied with my little eye the 'elusive white squirrel' munching on one of the cashews I had put out the day before. I was able to open my door without spooking him and used my zoom to capture a good photo of the little guy. I love squirrels. I think they're adorable. Then again, I love all animals.
Today was another beautiful day in Bloomington! And today I managed to get the courage to wear a bullet bra to class. Last year I felt uncomfortable wearing a petticoat to class and here I am today going to class with pointy boobs! I have really grown to be comfortable displaying my vintage fashion in public. I feel so much more confident when I wear vintage.
After my classes were over, I needed to go get more hairspray, and the piggies needed lettuce. I decided to take a stroll through the mall just for the fun of it. I actually found at Payless adult sized socks with a lace trim on the top! I had been looking for this kind of sock for a very long time to go with my saddle shoes. I bought two pairs: one white and one pink.
It was also compliments galore today. Someone literally complimented me while they were walking past me on their cell phone. This is why I love Bloomington. Well, it's one of the many reasons I love Bloomington. Here my comments are almost always one of the following: You look cute, your outfit is so cute, I like the pin-up look you have. Back in my home town the comments are almost always: Where are you going? Why do you look so fancy?
Speaking of compliments, the night before I went out to dinner with one of my friends at a Chinese buffet. When the waitress dropped off our check she said to me "You are such a pretty lady." This has just been an interesting transition for me. I'm actually getting compliments instead of weird stares or questions. Maybe I'm just better at 'doing vintage' now or maybe it is the difference between the two towns.
So friends, I have a few questions for you. First, I'd like to know in general what I can do to improve my blog. Second, I've been messing around with the general format of my posts. I'm wondering if you guys prefer the way I did it today, all photos first, text later, or if you prefer when I have paragraphs of text in between the photos. I would really like to improve my blog so that I can grow my audience. I truly appreciate your feedback on not only this, but any of my posts. I love comments. I love all of my lovely internet friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment