Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Swirlin' Through a Stormy Wednesday





Hair Scarf: A.Z. Vintage
Dress: The Closet
Shoes: Payless

Hello lovelies!
Today I got to wear this new-to-me dress for the first time!
I'm writing this when I have a paper due tomorrow that I haven't even started and I'm currently under a tornado warning. Weee! Eventful Wednesday.
Last weekend I went home not just for Easter, but to pick up the plates for my new car. I took one of those days and met Calvin in Michigan City. I love the antique market there and my dad had brought me a business card from a vintage clothing shop there. I finally decided to try the place out. It's called 'The Closet'. This name is so fitting because the shop is teeny tiny. I really need to learn to take my camera with me when I go to places like this, but I think it'd be weird to take pictures in a store. I don't know why, but that is out of my comfort zone.
While at The Closet I purchased two dresses. There was SO much good stuff. I was very sad that this skirt with a bow print was about an inch too small.This Swirl dress was one of the purchases from that day. 
I have never owned a Swirl dress before. I definitely knew what they were and wanted one. When I picked up this dress to try on I really only looked at the front. "What's that? Bright blue and a weird British dude on the front?" (later I looked up what a beefeater is. I was highly confused by the price tag that read 'beefeater dress'.) It wasn't until I was in the dressing room getting ready to put the dress on when I saw the Swirl tag on the inside and starting freaking out.
We stayed for quite some time and I just chatted with Julia, the owner. Very nice lady that will be contacting me about any other weird prints that come her way. I think she likes me because weird things are harder to sell, and I love them!
So I made a new friend and I got two new dresses. I'd say that trip was a roaring success.


No comments:

Post a Comment