Thursday, April 16, 2015

Polka Dotted Poison









Outfit Details:
Cardigan: Cherry Canary
Dress and Chiffon scarf: OLL Facebook group
Petticoat: vintage Malco Modes acquired from Cactus Flower Clothing
Belt: thrifted
Shoes: Payless

Hello Lovelies!
Yesterday I wore this new dress that I picked up as a second chance on my new poison: the Ooh La La! Vintage Swap and Sell Shop on Facebook. I now have vintage clothing for sale on my Instagram, Facebook, and here in town! Horrible for my addiction. I had originally seen this dress on my Instagram feed from When Decades Collide. I loved it then. The dress was posted to OLL Facebook group by the girl that had bought it from her. The post sat for two days and each time she bumped it I was notified. I eventually took it as a sign that the dress really did belong to me. It cost a pretty penny, but was well worth it.
Yesterday I also tried out a new brand of lipstick. I was at CVS with Calvin the other day and took a gander at their makeup selection. I was eyeing some bright lipsticks from Milani. I opened one and for some odd reason I decided to take a whiff of it. It smelled just like my Besame lipstick. It had that same delicious vanilla scent. I decided then that I should give it a try and see how it compares. I was pleasantly surprised by how moisturizing and long wearing it was. I ate and drank and the lipstick faded gracefully, AKA, it didn't just fade in the middle of the lips like some lipsticks. It had an overall fade that looked better than that ring around the lips fade. For only $6, I'm happy with the quality of the lipstick. A great way to hold myself over until I can splurge and get a tube of Exotic Pink from Besame.
And the last photo in the bunch is from last weekend. I convinced Calvin to take a quick drive down to Nashville, IN, because I had heard so much about it. Honestly, I really wasn't that impressed with it. Where were all of the true antique shops?! We didn't get to go to all of the shops, but a majority of them were overpriced gift shops. I don't really get all of the hype surrounding it. I will admit that the architecture of some of the buildings was pretty neat though. Unfortunately, I'm not yet comfortable with taking photos in public and didn't get many snaps of the architecture. Maybe next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment