Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Was A Blowout. . .No Seriously

Blahhh! Where to start? Where to start? Yesterday had a terrible start. I got up and made the brownies like I promised. I left the house to meet my boyfriend halfway to his dad's house. I was almost there...maybe 15 minutes away when my tire blew. Whoosh. There went all the air. This tire had a slow leak for a while and I knew that it was in need of air again, but getting air yesterday would have been out of my way. I knew I needed new tires, but I was waiting until the town decided to fix all the streets they had torn up! So I had to call my boyfriend and have him pick me up. He just thought that he'd put my spare on and we can take it the rest of the 15 minutes I needed to go. But of course this proved to be much more difficult than what it seemed. You see, the thing that holds your spare tire down in your trunk was completely rusted in my car. My trunk had apparently been leaking. And then I found out that the lug nuts on my car are two completely different sizes! Blehh. So we found a field and parked my car there. We were starving. We ate and then Calvin grabbed his cousin and left me at his dad's his with a bunch of But really that didn't turn out badly. I got to bond some more with his sister who is also a senior in high school. After what seemed like a long time I decided to shoot Calvin a text to ask how everything was going. His response..."Do you have your keys?" They had forgotten the keys at the house. Oh jeez. They had to come all the way back to get my keys! Poor Calvin was already exhausted. He grabbed some brownies on the way out to give him a little boost.(= Time passes...Calvin's step sister paints my nails. I play with a six year old for what seems like forever and Calvin finally came back. Ugh. What a terrible day. He ended up following me all the way home. My boyfriend lives an hour away. He drove over 200 miles yesterday because of that dang tire! I'm definitely thankful for having someone like him in my life.But this couldn't have happened on a worse day. Black Friday is like a freaking holiday now. All the tire places in town were closed today. So I have to try again tomorrow.

Here's my rude customer of the day. This old man ordered a cheeseburger club with fries. I take it out to him, set the ketchup down, ask if he needs anything else. He says no. Like 5 minutes later I'm taking coffee around my section and he is fully on waving his arms around in the air. So I walk over to him and ask him what he needs. He complained about how he was trying to get my attention for mustard, but he already had some on the table so I don't know what happened there. But then he picks up the little paper cup that the cooks put in the middle of the plates of the club sandwiches, and he throws it down on the table and says quite rudely, "I'd appreciate it if I coould get some cole slaw!" Okay, that was pretty rude. The entire room got quiet. I went back to the kitchen. Of course we're all out. So I go back and tell this guy that there's no cole slaw and he proceeds to ask if he can replace it with anything. This little paper cup of cole slaw is a spoonful. I tell him no. All of my other customers were whispering to me about how rude he was and how they almost said something to him because they thought it was that bad. This old man has given one of my coworkers a hard time before too. It's to the point where I'm not going to be nice to this guy next time he decides to freak out on me for something that is out of my control. Naturally, he told the hostess that his sandwich and coffee were good...but that's it. UGHHH! I rarely get people like this, but when I do it is the biggest damper on my day and my mood.
Hope you had a better Thanksgiving and Black Friday than I did!
Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment