Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mad Hatter







Black hat, leaf necklace, oriental purse: antique store in Rochester just off of 35
heels: Rochester's Goodwill
Cream hat: Green Oaks Antiques

This morning before I had to go to work at 2 I decided to go to Rochester to search through the racks at Goodwill. I found NO good dresses today. Although I talked with some random lady about 50's dresses and vintage jewelry. Ahhh, bonding with strangers....not something I normally do. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a pretty reserved person. I don't go out of my way to meet people. What really stinks about my Goodwill trip was that it was 50% off Saturday and all I bought were those heels and a belt that I didn't photograph because it's just a plain black belt. I was kind of upset that I wasn't able to find anything I like. It's hard to find really good dresses in stores around here.
The antique mall on the way into Rochester is a store that I have always wanted to stop at. They're only open on weekends and it's usually not a weekend when I am passing through. I found my black hat in a hat box with a baby pink hat. The only reason I didn't also purchase the baby pink hat was because I don't have anything to wear with it! I figured the black hat might look cute with my new black and purple dress. The leaf necklace and the purse were all the way in the corner of the shop hanging on a rack. I'm really intrigued by the necklace because of its clasp. I feel like it's really really old because I have never seen a clasp like that before.
Green Oaks Antiques...I can remember going there with my parents when I was a kid. They have a lot of gorgeous furniture for sale, but all the way in a corner I managed to find a cute cream hat to match my cream heels from Goodwill. The hat only ended up costing me two bucks and compared to most stuff in that shop, that's extremely cheap. I feel like a lot of their merchandise is way over priced. While I was outside of the shop I found another wicker purse! This one was a different shape and color than mine and it had leather handles instead of the lucite ones my purse has. I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but a portion of the wicker was missing on one side.
Goodnight,
Felicia

1 comment: