Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Lone Poodle, in the Rain, with an Umbrella (More Cardigan Love)





Well hello ladies and gents! I've been on a small hiatus yet again. This time I swear I have one good reason, (and one not so good reason). My computer's hard drive completely failed. My computer geek fiance replaced it with a solid state hard drive. He said that now I can beat up my computer and that it should withstand the beating. (Well, he sort of said that. Tehehe!) But my bad reason is that I have been an extremely lazy dresser. I look like any other college student out there. It's just been too cold and I've been fighting with my seams on my stockings to remain straight after walking distances. BUT today it was considerably warmer and I have plans to actually dress up for class tomorrow. Let's see if that actually happens. Here lately I have not been waking up early enough for that!

Friday night I wore a whole new outfit out to dinner! I had yet to wear this pastel dress from Cherry Canary Vintage OR this amazing poodle cardigan. I bought the dress a few months ago on one of my Friday no class/bakery/shopping days where I have no classes and spend a few hours at Rainbow Bakery and then shop local. The cardigan was a Valentine's Day gift from Calvin. I'm completely obsessed with the insanity of it. I mean, it's a poodle holding an umbrella in the rain! It's the most amazingly weird clothing item that I own.

On Saturday, I chopped about 6 inches off of my long hair. As you may have noticed, I have been wearing my hair straight for quite some time. This is because it doesn't curl in my rollers very well at all and, even with a wet set, the weight of my hair was pulling the curl out within hours. I had my hair cut into a long version of the 'middy' haircut that was popular in the 1940's. Although, she wasn't able to add the prominent layers that this style entails, my hair was too straight naturally and it would look blocky, she was able to add a few soft layers. I plan to set my hair tonight and see what the outcome is tomorrow morning. Hopefully it doesn't end with me rewashing my hair to remove the styling!




No comments:

Post a Comment