Monday, March 9, 2015

My "Femme Fatale" Middy









Hello ladies and gents! 
Today, as promised, I styled my new haircut. What I asked for was a long version of the middy haircut from the 1940's. I want to be able to have Rita hair any day. (Read: Rita Hayworth is my idol.) It turned out beautifully except my usual problem where the back is still wet. I really gave it a long time to dry this time too. Maybe I will have to roll up the back sections when my hair is barely wet. Other than that, my curls rest on my shoulders just the way that I wanted them to. I'm in love with it! I have to thank Katie at Senoj Salon for listening to me and giving me just what I wanted/needed.
This outfit was also brand new. I had never worn this cardigan or this dress before. The dress was a "cheap" under $100, purchase from The Pink Poodle Vintage on Ruby Lane. It fits as if it were made just for me, although I do feel that the length may be a little long on my short 5'5" frame. I couldn't believe how vibrant the fabric has remained throughout all of its years of wear. Such a beautiful blue color! My beaded cardigan is from Cherry Canary Vintage here in Bloomington. And of course I topped it off with my Erstwilder Hyacinth the Hummingbird brooch. My saddle shoes are super cheap and from Modcloth. I really am itching to get a more authentic looking pair. These are seriously costumey. 2/10 would not buy again.
As for my makeup, I was trying a few new products out today. I was wearing one of Elf's baked eye shadow trios, the peach one actually, and NYC's Haute Definition liquid eye liner. I absolutely love the eye liner! It hasn't smudged or feathered all day. The best part? It only cost $2.99! As for the eye shadow, I don't know if it or my Too Faced Shadow Insurance failed me. When I got home I noticed that the color I had placed on the main part of my eyelid was creased. I applied these shadows dry. Maybe next time I will try them wet or without the primer. I really didn't like the sparkly, concentrated lines of color on my eye lids! My lip color is of course, Besame Dusty Rose, and my mascara is Benefit They're Real. My foundation today was the Revlon whipped foundation in the lightest shade that they sell. My blush was one of Elf's HD blushes. I believe it is the shade Headliner? I really love this blush. Great color for pale skin. It gives my skin a magnificent glow!
Have you ever had your haircut in a vintage style? Have you recently tried new beauty products? Let me know if you loved them or hated them! Maybe I'll give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment