Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Red Lips, Wide Hips

 Last night I was feeling absolutely, horribly sick. I didn't post because of it, but I'm here today! This is a good sign. (=
 Today I actually took the initiative to dress up in full head to toe vintage style, from my hair to my stockings.
The Details
Scarf: great grandma's
Shoes: Modcloth 
 This Dress is one of my newer purchases. I went crazy and bought three dresses from The Vintage Studio in one day. I was originally going to wear a different one of those dresses, but I was too bloated (girl problems time of the month!) to wear it. Shhhh. I may have ripped a hole in one of the pleats when trying to zip it over the spot all of my water weight tends to settle. Grrr. At least it's an easy fix that tends to happen to me all too often. Anyways, this dress is a muted blue color with a green, white, and navy atomic print. There is navy lace around the neck of the dress.



Let's Talk Underwear
Stockings: What Katie Did Fully Fashioned in nude
Girdle: What Katie Did Glamour in peach
Petticoat: Vintage Malco Modes in white
Slip: Vintage half-slip from my grandma
 I know. I stole this right off of my Instagram. Oops. 

 My great grandma's scarf may not be the same green as what is on the dress, but I felt so boring wearing nude shoes and a nude belt with it. I needed a pop of color somewhere. My only issue with it is that it's 100% silk and slips easily out of my hair. I had to redo do it while walking to class because it slipped off the back of my head!
 Since I was not feeling well at all last night, I did not feel up to putting my hair in curlers. Instead I left my hair straight and added a barrel curl to the center front. I hate that my hair doesn't have any natural wave whatsoever and that it doesn't hold a curl well either. I think I made this style work. I also think it will be my go-to hairstyle on days where I just don't have very much time! 
Make-Up Details
Foundation: Cover Girl Outlast in shade 810 Classic Ivory
Eye Liner: Avon SuperShock Gel in Blackout
Mascara: Clinique Lash Doubling in Black
Lips: Urban Decay Revolution in F-Bomb with their matching lip liner
 My makeup was also simple today. I started out with my usual foundation routine. I do have light pink blush on too, but didn't list it because I'm not sure of the brand. It's just some cheap stuff I have had forever. I'm slowly transforming my makeup bag. As you can see I have some high quality, higher end products mixed with some drug store products.
 Once I finished with my foundation, I started on my eyes. To keep it quick, I slipped eye shadow and went straight to eye liner. I started with a winged liner look. Because I was in a hurry, it didn't look too great. I decided to smudge it to create a smokey look instead. I don't think I would recommend doing this with a gel liner, but I do think it would work with a pencil liner. By the time I got home at noon the gel liner had creased at the top of my eye lids! I then curled my lashes and topped it off with my mascara. I swear by my Clinique mascara. I absolutely love the length it gives my lashes!
 Last were my lips. I lined them with the Urban Decay liner and then also filled them in with the same lip liner. Then I applied to lipstick. Wah-la! All done.

 I'm feeling a bit better today, but I have lots of stuff to do! I misjudged the guinea pig food and ran out this morning. My fiance won't be here until Friday and I don't have a car here. The Petsmart is all the way on the other side of town. The bus doesn't get me close enough to it and it would take 2 hours anyways! I'm not sure what to do other than to go to the other pet store and try to find a not too terrible food for them. I also ran out of vegetables! The pigs need this and so do I! I guess it's going to take me a while to get back into the swing of things, aka, buying my food to last 2 weeks. Sort of a difficult thing to do with fresh fruits and vegetables.




No comments:

Post a Comment