Thursday, March 29, 2012

Not so Tressed Up Thursday

Normally this time of week I would do a Tressed Up Thursday post, but something super exciting happened this weekend that I must share!
I have been on the hunt for a portable record player for months. All I can find are the console ones, and seriously, what teenager has the space for that in their messy bedrooms?? So Tuesday Calvin took me to a small antique store in Valparaiso. Really, there wasn't much there, but I did buy some earrings. Then we headed back to Maw Maw's house. (This woman is like EVERYONE's grandma) I told Cal that I wanted to go antiquing some more. Then Maw Maw told us about a place just outside of Michigan City. We went. I DIED. It was antique heaven. I was so giddy and excited. Calvin couldn't stop laughing at me. He said I was like a kid in a candy store. This place was HUGE. Everything there caught my eye. There was tons of vintage clothing, but I was on the hunt for a record player with only 20 minutes until the store closed. Corner after corner, no luck. Until finally I found it!!

And I snatched it up for only $68. When we headed back I decided to use my boyfriend's laptop to see if I had got a good deal. One had sold on Ebay for $230!! The good news is that mine is in great shape and still works fine. (=
Along with the player I bought two records. 

The Chicago album is actually two records. (= 
I am so excited and cannot wait to expand my record collection!!
PS. Today I went to Betty's Snip n Sew to try on my prom dress. This was the first time I was able to zip it all the way up! And I must say, I feel/look like a Disney princess!





No comments:

Post a Comment