Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trip to the Antique Store!

  A few weeks ago I found myself wandering around the town of Logansport. I was in town to hit up the jewelry store. (I lost a clip off of my Pandora bracelet! $35 replacement too!) Before I even got over to the jeweler I decided to stop in the Leather & Knot Mall. This antique store has been there since I was a kid. I figured I'd give it a shot. Even if I didn't find any vintage clothing, I still appreciate other antique items. I walked in and this place is just LOADED with stuff! Wall to wall antiques. Of course one of the first things my eyes were drawn to was a vintage purse, and, of course, I snatched it up and bought it! It only cost $9.10! I thought that it was maybe an early 60's purse, but the owner seems to think it may even be from the late 50's. The outside appears to be missing a few beads, but really it's in great shape. The inside lining is torn a little, but who's going to see that really? (= And it does have an antique smell. I tried spraying it with body mist, but that didn't exactly work so well. Here are the pictures:





 The shop owner of the Leather & Knot Mall pointed me in the direction of another antique store up the road. Unfortunately, it was closed. I got a peek into the windows and it seemed to have some really neat stuff! I'm hoping it will be open sometime when I go back to Logan.
 As for that torn lining, last week a water balloon exploded on the top of a picnic table that it was sitting on. The water cascaded over my purse, but amazingly, everything inside was mostly dry. Mostly. Of course my camera was slightly damp. No damage was done. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment