Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Good Hair Day Post

 Oh, those rare days in a vintage gal's life when you finally just get that hairstyle right. Sometimes you mess up the setting of the rollers. Sometimes you mess up the brushing. Sometimes you mess up EVERYTHING. Those days when I totally mess up my hairstyle I just stay home. My hair has been completely ruined for the day unless I wash it, and, after having tried to fix it for 45 minutes, I usually don't have the time to wash it out.
 This post is reserved for those good hair days that I have had. Ah, now if only they happened more often. Maybe I should actually set my hair in rollers more often than once a month. Ha!
 I'll start with the oldest first. Golly gee, I have no idea just how old this photo is. Freshman or sophomore year of high school? Either way, I no longer own this dress, have short hair, or can do a swoop as fine as this one. That front swoop kills me! This may or may not have been at a time when I had bangs. 
 I remember this. This was taken last year when I finally mastered a victory roll or two. I know what you're thinking. "You've been into vintage for roughly 5-6 years and you had never done victory rolls?!" That's right. The first couple years of my vintage life consisted of everything from the 40's to the 80's, but my hairstyles were mainly brushed out wet sets or finger waves.
 This photo was also taken last year. I had used my pillow rollers on my hair. I thought that this was pretty awesome at the time. Now I look at it and don't think so. Ha.


 This photo was taken just a few weeks ago. I used foam rollers instead of my pillow rollers. I had a nice result from a dry set! I have this issue with my super long, super thick hair still being wet when I do a wet set, so I decided to try a dry set. Even though I used a mousse with it, it didn't stay as long a wet set would. I think I'll just continue to blow dry my hair in the morning where it is still wet. What I really need is a hooded drying chair! One day when I have my own powder room hopefully.
 I seem to fail a lot at my hairstyles, but every time I have ever went to the salon and asked for a vintage style it never looks authentic. The more I think about my wedding the more scared I get about my hair and makeup. I have no idea who could give me the authentic look other than myself. As you can see, I fail a lot at my hair. I don't want that to happen on my wedding day! I'm also makeup challenged, but would like an authentic look for my wedding. I'm hoping that we do get the courthouse in Crown Point and, since Crown Point is considered in the suburb area of Chicago, I can find a vintage stylist in Chicago. If not, I'm asking Cherry Dollface to fly out here for my big day!



No comments:

Post a Comment